More and more individuals are choosing electric automobiles as a result of increased fuel prices. Sales figures, particularly for models made by Tata, and the introduction of multiple electric vehicles in recent months are indications that Indian consumers are moving toward EVs. Today, an EV is available in practically every price range, making it a perfect time to purchase one. Here is a list of the best and cheapest electric cars in India.
Top Cheapest Electric Cars in India
- Tata Tigor – The Tata Tigor EV is the first and only small sedan you will be seeing on this list. The electric engine in this car has an output of 74 horsepower and 170 Nm of torque, and it is powered by a 26 kWh battery that gives the driver a range of 300+ km per charge. At this price, it’s among the best selections available. Tata Tigor starts at INR Rs. 12.49 lakhs (ex-showroom).
- Tata Nexon –The Tata Nexon EV is an SUV-style vehicle with a 30.2 kWh lithium-ion battery that is equipped with IP67 water resistance. On a single battery charge, it is said to run for 310+ KM. A 7-inch touchscreen with things such as autoplay capability is part of the infotainment system with many other options. Power steering, anti-lock brakes, two airbags, front fog lights, a sunroof, and a rear camera are all included in this vehicle. Tata Nexon EV starts at INR 14.99 lakh (ex-room).
- Tata Nexon EV Max – The Nexon EV Max provides what you want: greater speed and mileage than the Nexon EV regular, which will still be available alongside the newest sibling. Tata Motors says that a 50kW DC fast charger can complete a full charge from 0% to 80% in 56 minutes. The most popular electric vehicles in India are Nexon models. Tata Nexon EV Max starts at INR 18.34 lakh (ex-room)
- Hyundai Kona Electric – A permanent magnet synchronous type motor engine with a maximum output of 395nm and 134bhp is included in the Hyundai Kona Electric. A 39.2kWh lithium-ion battery powers the Hyundai hatchback vehicle. It is said to go 450+ KM per full charge. Six airbags are included, and it has many other important standard safety measures. Hyundai Kona Electric’s starting price is INR 23.84 lakh.
- MG ZS EV – The MG ZS EV with a 44.5kWh battery that can go up to 410+ KM on a single battery charge. A permanent magnet synchronous motor with a maximum output of 141 bhp and 350 nm of torque is the kind of engine in this car. Six airbags, a sunroof, a moonroof, power steering, ABS, and an engine start/stop button are all standard on the MG electric SUV. Retail prices for the MG ZS EV start at INR 21.99 lakh.
Considering where we are going, EVs are the only viable option for the future. Since fossil fuels are quickly running out, it would not be fair to use them all and leave nothing for the next generation. Consider these cars mentioned above when you are planning to purchase your next car.