Including nuts and seeds in your diet is an excellent method to get enough nutritious nutrients while also maintaining your fitness level.
Among all types of seeds, these are regarded as all-arounder for a variety of causes. Chia seeds for weight loss are a perfect addition to your overall diet as well since they improve several aspects of your health.
Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
Dietary fibre in chia seeds improves digestive health by encouraging regularity and increasing stool frequency to prevent constipation. Additionally, the fibre in chia seeds absorbs a significant quantity of water, keeping you full for longer and reducing hunger.
Foods high in fibre can reduce the number of calories your body absorbs from the meal you eat. The vitamin interacts with the sugar and fat molecules in the diet and prevents them from being absorbed. As a result, you consume fewer calories.
One of the causes of weight gain is an inactive lifestyle. Chia seeds help provide your body with energy and encourage activity. In fact, the number of mitochondria—cell organelles that generate ATP—increases as you begin to create lean muscle. Your energy levels, therefore, go up, and your metabolic rate likewise picks up.
What Happens When You Consume Chia Seeds Regularly
Chia seeds have good antioxidant and Omega-3 content, which supports heart health and fights harmful fats and free radicals in the body. Additionally, it has no cholesterol, which is an excellent strategy to control excess weight.
A few studies have also revealed that chia seeds are very helpful in preserving visceral adipose tissues, which accumulate around the abdominal area and cleaning out toxin build-up in the intestines.
It’s also said that consuming chia seeds on a regular basis may, to some extent, aid with blood pressure and diabetic control.
Best Ways To Consume Chia Seeds For Weight Loss
- Smoothie – Chia seeds may be added to smoothies if you are looking to reduce your weight. You can add a spoonful of chia seeds to any smoothie—mango, banana, or apple—to make it more satisfying.
- Tea – You can try chia seeds in your cup of tea if you’re not in the mood to include them in your meal. One teaspoon of chia seeds should be added to the tea while it is being made, and they should be left for a minute or two to soak up the liquid.
- Yoghurt – Chia seeds make excellent toppings. Add two tablespoons of these seeds to your bowl of yoghurt if you wish to give it some crunch and make it more beneficial for your weight loss diet.
- Oatmeal Bar– Chia seeds make a perfect addition to your oatmeal bars. A tasty and energising snack bar for weight reduction can also be created with oatmeal and chia seeds. To make a simple energy snack, combine oats, chia seeds, and any dried fruit with nut butter. They will quickly fill you up and are a great way to learn portion management!
- Puddings – There is no better way to make puddings, which are many people’s go-to treats for a weight loss diet, healthier than by adding some chia seeds. To give your pudding a thicker texture, add chia seeds. Then add milk and yoghurt to finish it off. You can even include fresh fruit. Chia seeds may be blended with the other ingredients to get a creamy texture if you don’t like seeds in your pudding.
Chia seeds are a tasty and versatile food item. They can be included in many types of dishes and cuisines to increase protein, fibre, antioxidants, etc and most importantly help to lose weight.